The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Repair and Home Projects Help (119)

Featured Discussions

Painting Kitchen Cabinets - What color??

Hi all... We've just installed some used kitchen cabinets that will need painting - the dilemma of coarse is the color ...    I see many pi…

Started by Summer SegeleonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Removing / Cleaning Old Interior Water Stains

Since COVID will keep me house bound this winter, it seems like a good time time to tackle some interior water stains.  I've owned my kit-…

Started by Jay Boucher

0 Nov 20

Storage of furniture and appliances

We have been thinking about renovating our living room and kitchen. As there are many furniture and other appliances, we need to move these…

Started by Sydney Black

0 Oct 30

Is it safe to hire a garbage removal service during the pandemic period?

Hey there,When we started our renovation process, we never thought how much waste we would generate. Each day we moved the garbage to the g…

Started by Latoyia R Hernandez

1 Sep 25
Reply by Dion Malone

T&G over logs ?

Hey everyone, we purchased a log home built in the mid 80’s. Logs are “D” logs and the interior is stained dark brown which makes the whol…

Started by Jason Henry

2 Sep 21
Reply by Mary Brooks

Second Floor Hardwood Floor Install

Good morning, I’ve recently purchased a log home with first floor exposed floor joist ceilings. I’d need some advise about installing hardw…

Started by Mary Brooks

0 Sep 21

Removing paint from log home exterior... replacing with stain?

Hi everyone,I purchased and moved into a ~720 sq. ft. log home in Nova Scotia.  Built in 1980, I’d say it’s in pretty good shape.  I’m cert…

Started by SAM FITZ

0 Jun 10

Rot

Looking for help with this horrible problem, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My second floor bedroom has a balcony.  The logs…

Started by John & Pat Biehn

4 May 21
Reply by William j pulliam

Wood Swimming Pool Deck Suggestions

Hey, I bought a beautiful log home in Toronto last week. The renovation works are in progress, so I will upload the pics after all the work…

Started by James F. Geyer

0 Jan 28

80's orange glow needs to go..away

Ok, so I'll probably get the evil eye from some but here goes: my walls are log..and they are stained the popular 80's orange. I guess it's…

Started by MANDY WALLACE

0 Oct 23, 2019

Log home that has sun burn logs.

I am currently working on a log home that has logs that have had an oil stain on them for the past 5 years.   The log siding on the home lo…

Started by Tim and Anita Dyer

3 Jul 24, 2019
Reply by Brian Donelson

RSS

© 2020   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service