The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Welcome to The Log Home Neighborhood! We're glad you stopped by.

Feel free to introduce yourself here, or, create a profile and start uploading photos and videos, start blogging, join groups and take advantage of all the best resources the The Log Home Neighborhood has to offer.

Oh, and by the way, I'm the Neighborhood Host - so let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns and I'll be more than happy to accommodate you!

Views: 6636

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Al!
I had the same experience when I saw how a chain saw can make such beautifully fitting joinery.
Thankyou for the welcome Rick.

Welcome,

Hopefully you will enjoy the slower pace of living in a log home- it has simplefied our lives a great deal, as we live in our log home year round & visit our farm house in the country.Best of Wishes in your new journey- May you & yours have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Sincerey,

Jim & Dian Williams, Mobile, AL (Chunchula, AL)

Hello everyone, I would just like to introduce ourself. WE are a small family owned company that sells Amish Log Furniture that is made in Northern Michigan. WE pride ourselves in a 25 year warranty, free shipping, and everything we sell comes fully finished at no extra cost. Check us out at our website www.knottybutniceamishlogfurniture.com
Hi I am Marcus Picton and am based in the UK, but have also experience in North America and Scandinavia. I have been the managing director of a high quality UK log cabin company for around 10 years. Having recently come out of the industry day to day and taken time to reflect on log homes, I thought it would be nice to share my knowledge with others.

I know from experience that many people attempting to get their own log home or cabin, often have not done one before and it is a very steep learning curve! I want to help people along the way and make sure they enjoy all the benefits of a log home, while avoiding any potential problems out there.

There are more and more products coming to the market and buyers need to have a certain level of knowledge to be discerning and select correctly for their particular project. There is so much you can do with logs and so many spectucular buildings you can make. I want to ensure you all get it right first time!

My real goal is to give people all the crucial information they need, before the get to the point of choosing and building their log cabin. Also to help them decide on log types, design aspects, whether to build it themselves, how to maintain it and lots more essential information. I hope in building a complete resource, to answer all those questions that people have about log homes and cabins.

Log forums like this are great because you can learn from each other and get help. I hope the website we are creating will also help many log home enthusiasts!

I wish you all every success with your log cabin projects.

Best regards,

Marcus

http://www.log-cabins-revealed.com
Hey everyone,

Just signed up a few days ago. I've been looking to get my feet wet in the whole log home world. The eventual goal is to build a log home but at the moment we are ways away from that goal. At the moment I was hoping to gain as much information as possible and possibly gain some hands on experience in the business side of things.
I will be spending my summer in Denver this upcoming year and was wondering if anyone would know anyone that I could contact for information. Thanks so much and looking forward to my education.

Curtis
Hello, everyone!!! We just joined last week and are looking forward to learning more about log home building. We are looking to build in Arkansas within the next 2 years, so the dreaming and scheming have begun!!!

Lori
Welcome to the neighborhood Lori!
Don't be shy about asking questions.

Congratulations Lori- The dream of owning & living in a log home is Wonderful- We wish you the vey best in fulfulling your dream- My husband & I built our home -so if we can offer any info- please feel free t ask---

Wishing you & yours a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Jim & Dian Williams, Mobile, AL ( Chunchula, AL)

Hello! I joined this site a month or so ago after hearing about it a few times recently. I'm located in Minnesota and have been in the log home industry for over 10 years as a log home dealer since building my first log home. It is a lot of work but yet a lot of fun to be part of. I've met some great and interesting people and have developed some long lasting friendships through it all. Over the years I've been asked many questions and seen many people at the various stages of researching log homes. It can get very confusing at times! A few friends kept telling me I need to start blogging or get a website up and running with log home tips. So, I took their advice and started a blog and website with some simple tips to help out in researching log homes, log home companies and the packages that are offered. I'm new at the blogging thing so be patient:) When you get time, check it out at http://loghomepackagesandprices.blogspot.com

Hi my name is Mark and I am looking to build a small log home in the next 2 years. This would be a year long residence in Iowa where it does get very cold and hot and humid so those are factors when choosing type of logs to use and whether to put in basement or not.

I have been reading forum and learning a lot but appreciate input from members. Seems like a knowledgeable and willing to share ideas and experiences group.

Mark

Hi everyone , I am john from Belgrave Ontario .I am a retired carpenter due to a few injuries about 10 years ago .

I have always been fascinated with log homes . I don,t own one yet but i plan on designing and owning one in the next few years . I do build a lot of birdhouses that look like log houses . I am hoping to build my new home to look like one of my designs . I can pretty well build anything i see .

It is nice to be here and i,m sure i will get lots of great ideas in no time .

Here are some of my log homes for birds . They live better then i do   http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112698715866

Attachments:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service