The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Welcome to The Log Home Neighborhood! We're glad you stopped by.

Feel free to introduce yourself here, or, create a profile and start uploading photos and videos, start blogging, join groups and take advantage of all the best resources the The Log Home Neighborhood has to offer.

Oh, and by the way, I'm the Neighborhood Host - so let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns and I'll be more than happy to accommodate you!

Views: 6735

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi we are Laramee Log Homes of Vandalia, Illinois. We are local providers of Northeastern Log Homes in Maine. We built our own log home 9 years ago and have a passion for this lifestyle for several years even before our build ! We will work with customers in the planning and designing your cabin or home. Give us a call if we can help you in any way...although located in the Midwest, we will help you where you plan on building !

Alan & Cindy Laramee

Find us on Facebook...Laramee Log Homes

www.northeasternlog.com

our website is currently under construction :)

618 423-2824

Attachments:

My name is Jason and I built a log home in 2002.  I grew up in a dove tail log home that my dad disassembled and rebuilt.  Its estimated age is close to 200 years old now.  The logs are hand hewn chestnut.  I love log houses and I am at a strange point with the house I live in now.  It is a dream home that I worked my fingers to the bone on.  I have worked extra jobs to have this dream home.  I love this house made out of red pine.  I bought it from a dealer but I have had some issues.  Thanks for allowing me to be part of this site.  I am here to learn more about the situation I am in.

Hi. My name is Keri and I just bought a 1980 lodge pole pine home on 4.4 acres in Arlington, WA. I also just got married to my husband Nick last weekend. Our home is 1140 sq ft on the main floor with a half loft, all on a daylight basement.

Hello logheads,

Geoff here.  I'm 4 years into my first log home ownership experience.  All I can say about it is that at this point I consider myself an expert at what NOT to do with your log home.  Fortunately the log gods have given me yet another chance on fixing this beast up.  Here to learn first and foremost and perhaps along the way I can save someone from having one of those DOH! moments  that I've had a few to many of (Home Depot is a FOOLS PARADISE people!). 

don't laugh

Hello! First time jumping on this forum and almost a year into owning my first log home. After using forums to learn so many different things over the years I try to give back when possible. Even though I have yet to be in my house for a year, I'm almost done restoring the exterior of my 30 year old home through media blasting. It was an ambitious project forsure but the end result has been better than I could have ever dreamed! As I'm finishing this project I am compiling a complete write up including videos to hopefully help anyone looking to take this on themselves.

Looking forward to learning and contributing in the future!

Good to hear that the media blasting worked well for you and welcome to the forum!

Hello all, log home newbie here. Just moved into my first log home; it is a 10 year old kit.

I am hoping to learn the techniques I will need to look after my new slice of paradise....

Look forward to learning from you..

Cheers

Richard

Welcome to the forums. If we can offer assistance, let us know. We are glad to help.

Beth Borrego

See Dirt Run! Inc.

Hi, my name is Mike and my wife and I are finally embarking on our dream to build our retirement log home. We purchase a lot of 6 acres in Meigs County TN and this year we signed a contract with the Original Log Homes of NC for the log home kit.

We are looking for a local builder to help with the project but dont know where to start looking. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

did you find a builder for your home yet? i might be able to help.

best,

howard p mock

mphpm design

Hello to all ! My name is Mark and my wife Nancy are currently in the process of selecting a Log home company. We are located in the Lakes region of New Hampshire and already own our land on the Lake. We are having the land cleared as we speak and the road and Approved Septic System will be going in shortly. I would like to ask out there if anyone has Built or purchased there home from KATAHDIN Cedar Log Homes from Maine. Nancy and i have picked out the Lake view floor plan as it fits our needs and the model home we toured was very nice. Any and all information regarding Katahdin would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Mark

RSS

© 2021   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service