The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Welcome to The Log Home Neighborhood! We're glad you stopped by.

Feel free to introduce yourself here, or, create a profile and start uploading photos and videos, start blogging, join groups and take advantage of all the best resources the The Log Home Neighborhood has to offer.

Oh, and by the way, I'm the Neighborhood Host - so let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns and I'll be more than happy to accommodate you!

Views: 6470

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Be sure to visit our site to gain valuable information about how to maintain your log home now that you have it built and am enjoying it. Going about the maintenance and care of your log home in an intelligent manner will ensure your investment stays protected and cared for. thanks and congratulations on building your log home

Check out www.backcountrycutouts for neat stuff to decorate your new home with!!! Loved the photos beautiful home :)

Hi all! We are Alexis and Wayne Dyke. We have just realized our long time dream to build a log home. It is in the Maryland mountains.A vacation home for the moment, but who knows if down the road in our retirement it will become our primary home. Looking forward to seeing pictures of all of your homes and dreams. Searching for more decorating ideas. I would like your input on our home. If you go to our page there is a link to our cabin's web site. Looking forward to sharing and learning from all of you about our mutual love of log homes. Thanks, Alexis Dyke

Alexis & Wayne, 

I see by the date you may have all ready built your log home in Maryland.  You'd asked about decorating ideas.  As an artist, I produce works in a variety of mediums.  One of my primary resources is wood with which I create 3-d sculpture as well as relief carvings.  I will complete an 8' x 5" mantel within the next week or two and prior to starting this mantel, I carved another for the same client measuring 12' x 10".  

If you are interested in viewing some of my work, check my website www.outofthinair.net.  There are also samples of my work on my personal site here on LogHome.com

Let me know if I can be of service.

Thanks.

JJ 

Hi everyone. I'm Wes Johnson. My wife, Ruth, and I purchased a recreational lot in a gated community on the north slope of the Uinta Mountains in Utah a couple of years ago which had a 10x50 remodeled mobile home. The owner had put in septic and a well, then decided to buy an existing log cabin rather than build. First I drew some basic design plans of what we thought we would like to have as a log cabin. I showed them to some log cabin factory reps at a log home show. What a surprise: they wanted $$$$ just to look at my plans.
I contacted a local cabin builder and showed him what we wanted. He suggested contacting a draftsman and getting blueprints made. The draftsman prepared blue prints with the input of the builder and an engineer. Our contractor gave us a bid that was very reasonable. We made a contract with him and he began building on his site. He is using freestanding dead Engleman spruce from southern Utah, hand scribing the logs, and is now on the second floor.
Once we get the foundation inplace he will disassemble the cabin and reassemble it on our lot. We break ground this weekend, 13-15 June. We will do about most of the finish work ourselves or hire sub-contractors.
Can't wait to get going.
can anyone give me some advice on how to upload a picture on to here? i would love to share a picture of my log home!
Click "Photos" then click "Add Photos" - what may be confusing you is the Bulk Uploader. If this is the case you'll want to click "Return to our simple uploader." From there click "Browse" and locate the Photo on your computer. Once uploaded, you can add information (you'll be prompted for it).

Let me know if this helps. If not, I'll write a more in-depth tutorial.
How do I upload a picture in jpeg file?
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to eventually build, hopefully in Montana, maybe Idaho or Wyoming. Here's an interesting question: We're looking for a SINGLE-level floor plan, about 2500-2800 sq. ft., with a formal dining room and breakfast nook--not to mention a master bed and bath. This has been almost impossible to find. My husband and I are coming up on 50 now, and we want to build one house and have it accessible for both of us for years and years. Any ideas?
Hi Jackie,

My husband and I are just starting a one floor log home. We just took a floor plan we found on the internet and started to change it to be what we wanted. When we had the house the way we wanted it, we just took our primitive drawing to an architech and he made blueprints for us. We could not find any plans that gave us all the features we wanted so we made our own. The whole house is wheel chair accessible and we even did a rough cutout in our basement for an elevator that we will install later. We are in our early 50's and my arthritis is going to limit my activity with stairs so the elevator is something we will actually install when I finally need it to get to the basement. We are building smaller than your are, 1750 sq. ft. on the main floor. We were able to make the rooms that were important to us larger and also make sure we had ample closet space. This is our second log home and we felt that our first home did not have ample closet space.

Good luck!
jackie,
i'm an architect who has designed many homes, and would give you many ideas if you like. return this if you haven't figured it out yet.
howard

Hello Jackie, I was looking through some old posts and came across yours. My name is Colin O'Hara and I own Northern Lights Log Homes. We have two locations-Massachusetts and Montana. Where in Montana were you looking to build? I would love to discuss your plans if you have not yet built. This is out page. You can check out some examples. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northern-Lights-Log-Homes/3590680429...

RSS

© 2020   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service