The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Hi, we own a 34-year-old log cabin (we bought it just less than two years ago). Does anyone have great ideas for lighting our living room? Every other room we've got decent lighting, but this is the one room that has no overhead light. We have five table lamps in the room (and one floor lamp), but it still is very dark in there. We had an electrician come in to see if we could put in some other types of lights, but of course with cathedral ceilings and solid logs, there's no way after the fact to get attractive lights in there. We looked into LED battery wall sconce lights, but all the reviews say they're not very bright at all, so that won't help much.

We literally cannot read in this room unless you're right next to a lamp. Any ideas for me?

Thanks!

Views: 6419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

fi,
glad to help, and glad rick had a photo. there are many different styles of fixtures, mostly all modern, but i like the look too. google "cable track lights" or try lightwaveconcepts.com - which has a bunch of selections.
let me know how that goes ....
best,
howard
Fi,

There are a lot of companies that carry LV Cable Ltng, here is a site that you can get started with your research www.techlighting.com.

Good Luck,
BW
Many thanks!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service