I think the title just about sums up things lately. We're pushing 5 weeks on our roof project, and while we are finally on the last main portion, the weather forecast looks pretty bad for roofing this week.
Way back when, we fell in love with this roof and decided to go with a standing seam roof system, with hidden fasteners. While it looks really good, it's really been kicking our butts.
We've had to overcome a bunch of obstacles and it's been taking for ever to get this thing on. While I think we've finally overcome all our obstacles, now it's just up to our contractor to wrap it up. Guess the valuable lesson we learned here was, get a completion date on your contracts! While we knew there would be a learning curve as he never did this system, it's just really taking a lot longer than we anticipated.
Were kind of stuck until it's done, as we can't insulate the ceilings till then, and we can't do much more inside until the ceilings are up. We are at the point inside where we can't do much more until we have the ceilings done. We've been trying to keep busy with odd jobs, but we're running out of room, as those piles of stained wood are sitting everywhere waiting to be hung up.
Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can get the main roof system weather tight this week so we can move on, but till then, we'll just keep trying to keep busy. We'll let you all know once it's done!