If you're a subscriber, keep an eye out for the latest issue of Country's Best Cabins, which should be arriving in your mailbox any day. If not, you'll want to stop by your nearest bookstore to pick up a copy — the August issue is our ultimate getaway guide, so if you're looking for tips and inspiration for creating the perfect cabin retreat, you've found it.
Here are a few features you'll find inside:
- a community profile of a small New Jersey town with the highest concentration of log cabins in the world
- a guide to straw-bale gardening and its benefits for your landscape
- practical advice for creating, maintaining and enjoying your second home
- an artist profile of a former architect who creates small-scale replica log cabins using materials reclaimed from timeworn structures
- an expert's advice on perfect master bedroom design
- a how-to guide on installing hardwood flooring
- three gorgeous home tours, all under 1,500 square feet
- and much more!