Although folks have differing opinions on what makes a cabin, most generally agree on one point: a cabin is a retreat from the world where you can kick back and just enjoy the simple pleasures of life. As a complement to our regular issue, Country's Best Cabins
has also created a special lifestyle section aptly titled "Life at the Cabin," which is available for download on our website. In it, we include small-home design tips, an adventurous travel destination, fun facts and crafts, and much more. Check it out at countrysbestcabins.com/life-at-the-cabin
and tell us what you think!
The October issue of Country's Best Cabins
will include plenty of helpful information on kitchens, which are truly the heart of any cozy cabin, plus lots more. Inside, you'll find details on:
- a bestselling author's 1700s-era cabin in Tennessee
- a father-and-son team of concrete craftsmen
- a how-to guide on installing under-cabinet lighting
- ways to mesh Americana and Primitive decor into your cabin's casual ambience
- helpful tips on designing a compact, yet efficient kitchen
- a comprehensive buying guide on kitchen appliance options
- three gorgeous home tours
- 40+ floor plans
and more! You can order this issue
from the Log & Timber Home Bookstore, or subscribe
and get the latest cabin info all year round.
So what do you think makes the cabin lifestyle so appealing? Is it the retreat from the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life elsewhere, the recreation opportunities that abound, the simple luxury of unhurried time to spend with the family? Tell us just what it is you love so much about your cabin (or what you hope you'll get out of it once it's complete), and we may use it in a future edition of Life at the Cabin to craft this feature more around you. In the meantime, live it up!