The word "cabin" was once used derisively, evoking images of a rundown shanty with Jed Clampett sittin' on the front porch. But it's become a popular ambition in recent years, and the trend has been so overwhelmingly positive that we have an entire special issue called Cozy Cabins devoted specifically to that — small, but inviting, homes for you and your family — on newsstands now.
As you probably know, "cabin" is a state of mind, and yours can be built any way you like. These articles, which you can find inside this issue of Cozy Cabins, which is available now in the Log & Timber Home Bookstore, may offer some inspiration to get you started.
- Details and examples of six popular cabin design styles, from cottage to contemporary to lodge
- 10 home tours exploring gorgeous cabins of every shape, size and style from all across the country
- 3 pages of useful cabin tips to clip, with advice on planning, design, outdoor living, master bedrooms, budgeting and creating a green home
- A list of things to do each time you open or close your cabin when you visit, with some interesting products that can keep your home safe while you're away (including one you can win)
- A guide to bringing the colors of your surrounding nature into your home, with a stunning example from a lakeside retreat
- 20 pages of floor plans and information from log-home and cabin companies across the country
- And more!
If you're building or living in a cabin, you won't want to miss this highly anticipated issue. Order your copy now from the Log & Timber Home Bookstore.