Ready for your next shot of log-home information and inspiration? Then head out to the newsstand — this week, we just released the February issue of Log Home Living and the Annual Buyer's Guide for Country's Best Cabins. Inside, you'll find information to help you get your dream off the ground.
- book reviews for two helpful guides on creating floor plans specifically for log homes
- suggestions on how to work with your building and design team to take advantage of everyone's best ideas without sacrificing your own
- financial tips for siting your home to best enjoy your views without breaking your budget
- an exploration of different log-cabin wedding chapels across the country
- need-to-know info on including logs in your master bedroom and bath
- two beautiful home tours in New York and Ohio
- advice on common mistakes to avoid when creating your floor plan
- tips on customizing stock plans
- a look back at the father of the milled log home
The Annual Buyer's Guide is one of the year's most-anticipated issues of Country's Best Cabins, as it's your step-by-step guide to creating your cabin from start to finish. From finding land to exploring ownership options to decorating for a small space, this issue has it all. Inside, you'll find:
- a breakdown of the basic stages to prepare for during your cabin-building journey
- tips for building on a mountaintop, along a shoreline or on the prairie, with detailed examples of each to get you started
- expert advice on maximizing your site's potential for creating a floor plan that fits
- a quiz that helps determine what kind of cabin is right for you
- practical suggestions for created a cozy — not cramped — cabin
- the nitty-gritty details you need to know about properly financing your cabin project
- tips on what to look for if you're buying an existing cabin
- the pros and cons of co-ownership
- ideas for regionally appropriate decor
- three inspiring home tours, two of which are under 1,500 square feet
- plenty of information on log-home companies and floor plans
- and more!
Order your copy of the February issue of Log Home Living and the Country's Best Cabins Annual Buyer's Guide by visiting the Log & Timber Home Bookstore, where you can find back issues, books, decor and other merchandise to help you create your perfect cabin getaway. Better yet, subscribe and get every issue delivered directly to your door!